Thursday, January 22, 2009

THANK YOU TEXAS STATE LEGISLATURE!

Thank you Texas Legislature! I received a commendation from the Texas State Legislature with an official state seal, recognizing my recent book publications. Included is recognition of my work with troubled teens in the juvenile justice system. It is a really neat long, formal document. Impressive. Gee, for me? No, its not framed and on the wall. It's still inside the folder it arrived in, and slipped between books on my shelf. But how cool is that?

4 comments:

joan wester anderson said...

I am so happy to hear about all your writing successes. You are very versatile too, which is a great thing for a writer.

Hope there are lots more books on the horizon.

darbyscloset said...

very very cool!!!
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

That is VERY cool Robin. Congratulations. Yeah!! :) Lynn

Natalie said...

Congratulations on receiving the commendation. It is always an honor to be recognized for our efforts.

Since you work with troubled youth in the juvenile justice system, I just wanted to bring to your attention a website that focuses on juvenile law and rights and facilitates discussion on important teen issues. The webiste is http://askthejudge.info. I hope you find it useful in your work with teens. Best of luck to you!!