Monday, April 05, 2010

SOUND OFF! Do you believe in Soul Mates?

According to Wikipedia a soul mate is as follows:
A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join. However, not everyone who uses these terms intends them to carry such mystical connotations.

What moves you? Is it the conversation? Being able to laugh with someone? A deep spiritual connection? Do you believe there is a soul mate for you? Are you married to him/her? Or are you one of the people who thought they found that special someone only to be met with disappointment, ending in a broken relationship whether it is divorce or breakup? Sound off! I want to hear from you.

2 comments:

Sherry Kuhn said...

Great discussion questions Robin. I think for me it's the combination of having a spiritual connection, being able to communicate and trust that other person. I don't really buy-in to the soul-mate idea. I know that some experience that kind of thing but clearly the Bible teaches us that love is not a feeling but an action. For God so loved, that he gave... I've been married almost 23 year now and it wasn't until after about 15 years and lots of valleys that I felt like my husband was my "soul-mate". It definitely takes two people being committed to make a marriage work and the longer I married the more I realize that he truly is my other half. One should spend lots of time in prayer before getting married asking God to provide the one He has fashioned for them.

Lisa Lickel said...

That's why I write fiction! I can make up great people, like Mark in Meander Scar, and Vic in my next book.